Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What Were We Thinking?

When the huge moving truck arrived on Sunday afternoon carrying 183 pieces of my New Hampshire life, we all wondered what the hell we'd been thinking. How on earth were we going to squeeze this tractor trailer full of household goods, clothes, furniture and gym equipment into a bedroom and a storage room?

It was daunting. I credit my family for not handing me a one-way DEN-BOS ticket and their regrets.

My sister and I had spent Saturday afternoon rearranging shelving to make way. The moving team was friendly, helpful and talented at squeezing lots of stuff into not so much space. We managed to fill the wine room and rearrange existing furniture to accommodate mine. Haven't yet unpacked the mountain of books and we haven't found a place for the queen bed we took out of the guest room. But my room is feeling like home and I'm gradually getting organized.

Wine room, view 1.

Wine room, view 2. I know several of you will recognize the items in this mess!

I haven't yet tackled the mountain of books.
Many, many thanks to all the helping hands that carefully packed all my treasures and ensured they made it here whole. You'll never imagine how much I appreciate you.

Blue Moon West
The movers came Sunday afternoon and then school started Monday. Holy moly. And that's a subject for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment